Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Iowa, Here I Come!

The last few weeks have been a scramble. Finishing out a room in the basement for Reanna, repainting her old one upstairs. (It took four coats to cover the blue on the walls.) Took Zivah in to check on her hips... Turns out we'll have to put her back in a brace for a while. Have an appointment next week to get her fitted for it. Zivah came down with a bug that lasted three days. Now that she is feeling better, she's dveloped a bit of a heat rash and looks splotchy. Joe has been exploring the three-year-old territory and has been testing the limits of my patience. (Kicking, screaming, and smacking me one minute, then not long afterward hugging and telling me he loves me.) Finley is a constant stream of pleas and complaints.

I am ready for a break.

Friday morning, bright and early, I fly out to Omaha. From there, my friend, Alicia, and I will drive out to see the Amana Festival of the Arts on Saturday. Sunday, we will probably see "the world's smallest church" , then head over to the Seed Saver's Exchange.

Two days. I can make it through these last two days.

1 comment:

Shyla said...

Glad you're going to get a break!
Have a wonderful trip.