Friday, April 27, 2012

I can't get over this girl.

I don't know too many little girls that wear Lightning McQueen shirts and prefer camouflage pants and fall asleep with swords in their hands, but this one is mine.

I recently went through a bin of summer clothes that were hand-me-downs from Finley and her cousin. About 75% of the clothes in there were pink. I started to ask Z item by item if she liked the clothes. The first two things she rejected, and then she decided she liked them all. As I tucked the frilly, pink skort into the drawer, I doubted that I would ever see it on her bum. Sure enough, none of those clothes have seen the light of day since, but the soccer shirt that Joe decided was too small for him today was immediately claimed and worn by Z.

Her most recent favorite toys? A snake, a gun, and a Jeff Gordon car. Oh, she makes me smile...