Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Chicken Tractor...

for my urban farmer brother.

A month or so ago, when I was really sick of the chickens getting into my garden and pecking my tomatoes and overwhelmed by the herd of hens that pestered me whenever I went outside, I had an epiphany. I could give some to my brother, Mark! In the past few years, he has started gardening and beekeeping in earnest, and thought he might be interested in chickens. I knew he was pretty busy, but if I could get a chicken tractor for him, maybe he'd be up for it, and I could get rid of a few chickens!

So I weaseled my mom into paying for the materials, and weaseled my wood-working brother, Mike, into helping me build the thing, hopefully in time for Mark's birthday. I hope they don't hate me, because, of course, it probably took more time and money that we had anticipated. But then it always does, doesn't it? But we got it finished, and Mark is as giddy as a school girl. Saturday, we deliver the chickens to their new home.




(Note: Chicken logo designed by graphic designer extraordinaire, Nate Perry, who has a line of sportswear and other things available here.)

1 comment:

James said...

I loved watching the design process for this happen around a table while the kids were riding go-karts on Finley's birthday. What an awesome finished product!