Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Checking Things Off the List

It was good to have Chris home for a long weekend of work on the house. Thursday we made a punch list of things we need to get done on the house.

One of the items on the list was installing the permanent stairs. Our friend, Doyle, thankfully came out to help. I am sure the steps wouldn't look as good as they do if Chris and I had been left to our own devices.
 Yesterday, my brothers came out to help. Mike and I worked on framing out the dreaded vaulted ceiling upstairs. True to form, I had been overthinking the angles, and Mike was able to figure out how cut the ceiling joists in just a few minutes. While we worked on the house, my mother (who was trying to get over a cold) and sister-in-law watched all the kids over at my folks house and fixed everybody lunch. They deserve gold stars and cookies.
This is what our punch list looked like at the end of the weekend. Chris used a highlighter to cross things off so we could still read all the things we've gotten accomplished. Sometimes, when the 'to do' list seems overwhelming, it's nice to look at the 'done' list and see that you're actually getting somewhere.

No comments: