Friday, September 13, 2013

Momentum Killers

Tuesday was a really good day. After feeling like I was coming down with a cold over the weekend, I had shored up my immune system with vitamin C, and felt pretty good. After dropping the kids off in the morning, I set to work running electrical lines in the house. By 1 p.m. I had finished a good chunk, and was off to the grocery store before picking the kids up from school. At the rate I was going, I thought I would have all the electrical lines run by the end of the week and be ready to start wiring up the panels.

Then Wednesday hit. Joe was sick and had to stay home from school. A trip to the doctor's office killed most of the day. Wednesday night was interrupted by lots of coughing and high fever. Wednesday, tired mom I was, I  spent the day playing wii sports with my sick son and lounging around, hoping that Friday would look better. Thursday night, Zivah woke up with the same croupy-sounding cough that Joe had. And in the early morning hours, my throat started to protest, my nose offering up extra snot in support of the protest.

Dragging out of bed this morning at 6:30, I hoped that the Benadryl stupor would wear off enough for me to get Finley to school safely. So much for finishing up the electrical this week.

No comments: