Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Electrical Rough-In

Over the weekend, in spite of sick kids and a lack of sleep and my own failing immune system, we (mostly) finished up the wiring on the house. Today I called to have the inspector come out. I didn't really expect that he would come out today, but although he has 'a lot of inspections today' he is supposed to be here before lunch. I am nervous.

Some inspectors are known to give you a hard time. However, I have the feeling that it is usually due to the fact that most men have a hard time acknowledging that this particular person has a certain amount of power over them and refuse to be respectful. ("Quien es mas macho?" as Judge Marilyn says.) When I worked in construction, even GCs I was warned were difficult usually ended up being nice and helpful to me because I went out of my way to let them know I wasn't there to be a pain in the ass. All that to say, since I am sure not everything is perfect, I hope he doesn't feel like we're wasting his time. It's good to get on an inspector's good side.

Sloppy map of electrical circuits.
.

No comments: