Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Best Anniversary Gift Ever

Chris and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary.

I have finally learned that if I want something other than some good beer or another type of massager (that I inevitably make him return because I can't stand those electric vibrating things [they make me itch]), I need to tell Chris exactly what I want for a present.


So I asked for an electric pencil sharpener for Christmas this year. Then I told him I was getting desperate since the sharpener we salvaged from an old school is falling apart and the little hand-held tends to shred the wood of my art pencils. I told him I might have to buy myself an early Christmas present.


I ruined what I think was supposed to be a surprise, though. I saw him walk in the basement door today with an OfficeDepot bag in his hand, and since I couldn't figure out why he thought we would need a ream of paper, decided to investigate. He had bought me a sharpener and a box of colored pencils.


Unfortunately, the one he picked out only had one hole size... too small for my pastel pencils, so I had to take it back. I returned home with this fine piece of machinery... the one he said he thought about buying first (but since it was a bit pricier...). It is now sitting proudly near me on the desk.


If anyone wants to bring your pencils over, I might let you sharpen them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a lot of changes in a person's life in 5 short years! A pencil sharpener is hardly something a person would think of for an anniversary gift......did Chris get anything from you and/or did he have to tell you what to get?!

Wendy said...

He gets to go out on a date with me! What better gift could I give him?

Anonymous said...

when are you going to take your first art retreat at Team35's HQ? You do have a key...

Anonymous said...

The gauntlet has been presented and I'm not sure if I can resist the challenge: I think I'll dig out my color pencils just to bring over and sharpen -- SOON, too!
Congrats on FIVE years (already?)
Leilani