Friday, August 24, 2007

Growth

Finley is three. I look at her legs and am amazed at how those curved little chunks she started out with could grow so long, straight, and slender in such a short time.


Joe is almost a year and a half. My baby has turned into a little boy with a determined trot and a killer throwing arm. He does still like to cuddle up on his mama's shoulder, though. At least I still have that.


Almost more amazing to me is the growth spurt I have gone through.


I have a ficus that I started from a cutting about 13 years ago. I looked at it earlier this summer, and realized it hadn't grown in several years. Then I realized I hadn't been fertilizing it at all. It was in survival mode. I bought some Miracle-Gro and some Superthrive, and lo and behold, my little ficus looks like a whole new plant.


I think I'd been in survival mode for a while. But somebody must have spiked my punch with some Superthrive and Miracle-Gro. God is putting new bits of revelation into my mind and spirit, and it is changing the way I think, the way I operate. And it is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've sensed it in you! It's part of that "ever-increasing glory" (II Cor. 3:18)!