Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fin's Hair



I just want to take a minute to brag on my accidentally good hair cutting capabilities.




A few months ago, I gave Finley a haircut. In an attempt to cut the longer, straighter top hair off of the curlier back hair in a sort of layered fashion, I cut off her curls as well. Thankfully, the side curls, which are the favorites of us all, as they tend to stick out in peculiar ways, remained. The result was a punky, trendy cut that actually looked good.




As it grew out, I debated on letting her hair grow out as most folks tend to favor long hair on little girls, but wasn't happy with the idea. This week, I cut her hair again, taking pains to leave the ear curls and trimming the longer wispy bangs so that they won't get stuck in her mouth when she eats. I trimmed up the lower back.




It looks great. And I am especially proud of the way her hairstyle helps give her head more shape, as she inherited a nice flat head from my side of the family. The only downside... once in a while, Finley has to bat her bangs out of her eyes. But that is a small price to pay for such a good look, and besides, I'd put a barrette in her hair if she'd leave it in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought you had the knack for cutting hair and that you could pursue a cosmetology degree...very cute...

Anonymous said...

Man, you ROCK on her hair cut. If I'd thought about it, I would have let YOU cut my hair off this weekend. As it is, I let Shannon McLaird. I feel a bit like your daughter -- it's a good cut and kinda edgy. Leilani

Al said...

you should be proud of that cut - nice work... she is such a good lookin' model too.