Friday, February 22, 2008

Personality

About me #2. Sort of.

A while ago, I took a personality test on MyPersonality.info (because Shyla had done one).

I am overwhelmingly introverted. (Surprise.)
I am also very analytical, which makes taking personality tests very painful, because I tend to think too hard about every answer, and I can see where the answer is leading the outcome of the test.

The hardest questions to answer these days are the ones that ask something like... What do you value more: justice or mercy? In the past, I was overwhelmingly judgemental. Things were fairly black and white. And then something changed my perspective... I remember working in a courthouse downtown several years ago, daydreaming about being something of a Judge Judy. If I was a judge, I would put it to people hard and straight. These people then would be enlightened by my words and straighten their lives out. Then God reminded me: Mercy triumphs over judgement.

I was in the shower the other day wondering what Jesus' personality was like. Of course, he's just like me... But really, if he took the test, I think he would split the personalities right down the middle. He is extroverted, warm and welcoming. He is introverted, cherishing his time alone with the Father. He is the balance between logic and intuition, the ultimate judge and the ultimate forgiver. And he is making me more like himself.

I am sure that in reality I will never be an outgoing socialite (nor do I want to be), but I can see that I'm changing. But maybe my personality isn't really changing. Maybe the junk is just getting knocked off of it so that I am more who God meant me to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, ARE BEING TRANSFORMED into HIS likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord...II Cor. 4:18
Absolutely!!

Shyla said...

I am loving reading about you as it seems getting you to talk about yourself is similiar to...um...pulling teeth :o)
Just kidding!
I have so enjoyed getting to know you better over the last few years!
I hope you guys are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Well for being such an introvert, you have one of the warmest, most welcoming and relaxing homes I ever get to go to. I love coming to your house, so neat and clean, with the smell of good things baking. I always want to just sink down in a chair and take it in. Being in your house ministers to me. So while you may not be a socialite, you are always extending grace.

(Don't feel pressured to make something to eat every time I come!)