Monday, March 31, 2008

Baby Girl

She looks a bit freaky, I know. This is a view of her face (head) and the scan is cutting right through her left eye's lens, which give her that crazy look like she's staring at you.

Anyway, I had another ultrasound today because they had found a 'placental hemorrhage' that was 'a good size' three weeks ago. My OB said the baby looked good, so it was 'nothing to worry about' (so I didn't), yet they sent me to another office for 'high-risk pregnancies' to get it checked out again. This time, there was no sign of it whatsoever. (It was interesting to me that last pregnancy, I had a small hemorrhage that they kept checking at my regular visits. It kept getting smaller and smaller, but didn't disappear like this one did.)

This 'high-risk' doc did say that the amniotic fluid seemed a little low, so that is another thing to 'keep an eye on,' but the baby is still looking great... I'm just assuming God is being nice to me ... keeping my belly a little smaller that it would be otherwise and giving me another chance to catch a glimpse of her before she's born.

3 comments:

Shyla said...

Happy Birthday to Joe! And congratulations on a sweet baby girl, do you have any name ideas, or is that a secret? Hope you are doing well and feeling better :o)
When is it that you are due?

Wendy said...

Thanks! Due mid to late July. Feeling better... No name yet. That's a post in itself. :)

Al said...

oh congratulations!!! i'm so happy for you. Joe will be a good big and little brother :-)