Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Pregnant Brain

After I put Joe down for a nap and sent Finley to her room to play quietly, I got out some yarn and my crochet hook with the intent of working on a new little project. (Something to let me feel productive, but not sap my energy.) I sat down on the couch (actually, love seat... a full sized couch doesn't fit well in our living room), and realized I was rather tired, but wasn't sure if I relaxed enough to actual snooze.

I looked around for the crochet hook, and didn't see it. I tried to think about where I had put it down, but nothing came to me, so instead I closed my eyes.

A few minutes later, I realized a very pregnant lady can't get very comfortable crammed onto our couch, so went upstairs to lie down on the bed. I caught a good hour-long nap, then wandered back downstairs to find that Finley had fallen asleep as well. Two napping children! How wonderful!

I thought again about sitting down to crochet, but motivated myself enough to wash the dishes. Then I went to get a snack. As I reached up to the cupboad door, I felt something moving in my hair. 'I hope it isn't some creepy spider,' I thought as I went to feel what it was.

It was my crochet hook. I had stuck it in my ponytail. It's a good thing I didn't try to look for it. I never would have found it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

A cute story, and I'm glad you opted for the bed! Ma

Anonymous said...

I just love this line:

"I tried to think about where I had put it down, but nothing came to me, so instead I closed my eyes."

For a mom with little kiddies, sleep is always the answer!

Shyla said...

Okay, so I have this great mental picture of you hunting around for your crochet hook while it's sticking out of your ponytail! That is so funny :o)

Have you ever thought one of your kids is lost and you are looking around for them frantically, only to realize a minute or so later that you are holding the lost child in your arms? I couldn't tell you how many times I've done this...

Lori said...

So . . . you slept for an hour with the crochet hook on your head?

You make me laugh.