Friday, July 18, 2008

Lil Z: A Quick Birth Story

After checking into the hopsital Wednesday, we got off to a rocky start: I was stuck twice before the third attempt at putting in an IV finally succeeded. Thakfully, my OB and the OR crew had it together a bit more, and a quick and painless c-section brought Lil Z into the world at 7:36 am.

She was 7 lbs, 10 oz, and 19 inches long.

She was breech and would have been delivered by c-section anyway, so I am very thankful that it all worked out so well, and that I didn't have to endure an emergency c-section. I hear those aren't quite as fun.

We finally decided to name her Zivah Rain Knight. I know. But we like it.
(Zivah is pronounced zee'-vah and means 'radiant' or 'splendor.')

Come to find out, as Zivah was breech and shoved into the little space of my abdomen, she developed hip dysplasia, and is going to have to wear a harness to help fix the problem. I'm praying the harness works and the dysplasia isn't severe enough to require surgery later...

Recovery has been a breeze so far compared to my first two births. I was doing so well, that all the nurses would comment that I wasn't acting like I had a section, and my OB let me out of the hospital a day early. Although I will miss the long stretches of peace and quiet, I was getting a little bored.

I came home to find that the rest of my children grew several inches and gained a lot of weight.

So we are home, and are doing well.

I was going to post some pictures, but apparently Blogger is having issues, so you'll have to wait.
Sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Zivah!!!

So it's hip displasia that has them wearing those harness'? I've seen those before and wondered what they were for. How long will she wear it? (Healing aside?)

Go easy even if you're feeling great. At least that's what I've always heard from moms with c-sections!

What beautiful hair she has! Brown hair! I thought you'd have all blondies!

Isn't it funny how having the tiny baby there makes the other ones seem huge! Especially at diaper changes, suddenly the todder diaper seems like you're changing an adult and you think "it's time to potty train this one, already!"

Love you!