Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Sweet Children

This morning, Joe woke up early with a cough and some respiratory trouble. We brought him upstairs to sit in bed with me... As he sat in my lap, we had this conversation:

J- (looking at the crib set up next to my bed) Whar baby pillow?
Me- The baby doesn't need a pillow.
J- Whar my my pillow?
Me- It's on your bed.
J- Whar baby name?
Me- I don't know yet.
J- Whar baby changing pad?
Me- (pointing at changing table) Over there.

Joe then proceeds to lay his head down on my shoulder...


Both of the kids seem to really get that I have a baby in my belly. Both of them will randomly come over to me and kiss and hug on the baby. When Chris leaves for work in the morning, Finley got into the habit of insisting that he say goodbye to the baby as well. Joe has taken to telling people that there is a baby in mama's belly.


I'm praying that the sweetness will continue after she comes out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of Finley. So pretty.