Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Quick Update Before the Big Day

Tomorrow by this time, we will have a new little baby to hold in our arms instead of in my belly.

My folks flew in yesterday. (Which was also Finley's 4th birthday. Separate post on that [much] later when I get pics.)

When Chris got home from work, Finley ran upstairs yelling, "Daddy's home! Daddy's home! Grampa, his name is Chris!!!"

Last night, after the kids were tucked in bed, Finley and Joe kept yelling for some one. I thought it was for me. When I went in, I found out they wanted Gramma... not me. I'm glad she is so popular. That should make things a little easier (for me) for the next few weeks.

On another note, I discovered more things to not look forward to at the hospital. The first came when I was hinting to my friend Lori that I was looking forward to some yummy food from Kalamata's later in the day after the section. She informed me that I would not be allowed to eat that day at all. I wondered what else I didn't know about, so I spent a good part of an afternoon doing a little research on the internet about c-sections. I had to hit several 'informative' sites before I found out more of the gory details...

So I guess it won't be quite the walk in the park that I had envisioned, but at least I'm more prepared. And as my OB said last week... at least I'll be able to sit down after this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you! May everything go well, and recovery be quick!

Angie said...

I understand what you're going through. I had a spur-of-the-moment c-section and didn't have time to prepare. All will be fine and you'll have a beautiful baby girl to show for all of it. If I can offer any advice, it would be to take it as easy as you possibly can. Don't do anything except sleep or eat, and move only to get up to use bathroom. I didn't take it easy and suffered.

I'll thinking and praying for you. If you need anything, please let us know and we'll do what we can to help! Congrats on the new family addition! Happy birthday to Finley! Welcome to the world new baby Knight!

Lori said...

Finley cracks me up!

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl!!!

Can't wait to meet her!