Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Update and Other Ramblings 6/15

It would at times be beneficial if that mind to text contraption were in existence. Then you would all know how crazy I really am.

I have been pondering my trait of over-analyzation and the need to research things before I get involved. I wonder how many ideas I have shot down before they had a chance of becoming a reality, or what is the number of great ideas I have that aren't being executed because I haven't figured them out just right. On a more positive note, at least I haven't done lots of things poorly.

On my birthday (which I spent suffering from a headache - poor me), I stopped by the farmer's Co-op store. I was hoping to find the right apple tree to plant in the yard. I saw some baby chicks, and started thinking about how to build a coop. Today, I am thinking that if we really are going to put the house on the market in the spring, then I am sure the chicken coop and resulting lack of grass would be a deterrent to buyers. What do I want really?

Anyway, I have taken your advice and let the weeds go unchecked.
I harvested my first summer squash this morning, and am anxiously awaiting the ripening of these Amish Paste heirloom tomatoes. As a side note, a few of my tomato plants are developing yellow leaves and aren't looking so great. I am hoping it is just a minor problem.
Most of the green seen in this shot comes from pumpkin, cucumber, winter squash, and summer squash plants. Oh. And grass.

Letting a few of the radishes go to seed. The flowers on this one were especially pretty, I thought.
Here you can see the seed pods on this radish.

On to a different subject: The past couple Sundays, we have attended The Anchor Fellowship, a church more like the one we had been attending most of my years here in Tennessee, but is much closer to our house. The pastor has a big beard and tattoos and a sense of humor not unlike Chris's (read goofy). It makes Chris feel like he fits right in. We'll see...

No comments: