Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yet Another Update

The doves must have read my blog. I haven't seen them since my last post.

Dear Doves, If you are out there, please know that I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and that you are welcome to come to our new place if we sell. Sincerely...

Chris found Joe's blanket this weekend. It was stashed in the corner behind a speaker behind a chair in our living room. Another random toy was found behind the other speaker. No one has admitted to the crime yet, although Z is our prime suspect.

Today, we normally head out to the library, but after an incredibly stressful day yesterday, decided we should stay home. We had yet another bad night, with a constipated Z not sleeping well and keeping me awake. Then, just after dropping Fin off to her classes at 9, I got a text saying someone would be there to look at our house at 10. I raced home (hopefully not breaking the speed limit by too much), plopped Joe and Z in front of the TV, and cleaned like a mad woman. Crusty breakfast dishes, unmade beds,vacuuming, etc, etc, I managed to take care of it all in the half hour allotted (all the while worrying that Z would drop her load in the midst of it all). When we got home about 11:30, there we no signs of visitors, not even the standard realtor card tossed onto the kitchen counter. We left to pick Fin up, then got home again about 12:30. I put a sleeping Z down in her crib, took a deep breath, then got another text. The agent was running very, very late, and they are on their way. Panic. I called our agent, and she told me to sit tight... not worry about leaving. So we had our first showing. I have to keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in the end. There are dreams we are pursuing.

No comments: