Sunday, February 13, 2011

A year and a half ago, Chris bought me an orchid for an anniversary present. I have to admit, I was a little mad. I like orchids, but I didn't think my thumb was green enough to care for one. I had one before, and it died. I didn't like getting an anniversary gift that I was bound to kill. I didn't want to associate our marriage with a doomed plant.

Chris asked me if I wanted him to try to take it back. But I wouldn't let him. It was, after all, one of the most thoughtful gifts he had ever gotten for me... So I determined to give it a go. I did some research, learned a little bit more about orchids, and made a concentrated effort to care for this one.

I am happy to report that it is actually blooming again.

2 comments:

Kohana said...

I have only ever killed orchids. Impressive.

I'm still reading. Your chicken coop is really great.

Al said...

The orchid is impressive.

I am yet another orchid-killer.
Sigh.