Sunday, July 15, 2007

Neighbors Feedback Requested

I received an e-mail from somebody (who shall remain nameless) who felt uneasy reading my Neighbor posts. As I tried to state in N,P1 but maybe didn't express cleary, is that I am just trying to give snapshots of this little slice of my world (to the rest of you, who don't live in it) as I see it through my lens, which I try to keep as objective as I can. Not all things you look at in life are pretty... Does that mean one shouldn't take photographs?



So I have a few questions for you, dear reader:
Do you like or dislike the Neighbors series?
Does this qualify as gossip? (And does gossip have to be negative to qualify as such?)
Would you react differently if the writings were fictional?
Do you have any other thoughts or comments?


I do want to hear back from you. (Just click beneath the title where it says comments.) Leave your comment anonymously if that makes you more comfortable... and thanks. You will make me a better person for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The neighbors series is a hard one for me to read. Your stark portrayal doesn't leave me with much hope. Since you've kept your opinion out, I can't tell if you're heart is involved with these folks or if you're protecting it from the despair of their lives. I didn't read gossip, but I would feel better if it were fiction, I must admit. Was there anything good about them you could have added? Could you have seen what Ronnie's strength is and spoken that in the piece? Yes, it's being thwarted by the enemy right now, but could you still see it? I'm Pollyanna enough to want redemption somewhere in the story. (that's just me!) Leilani

Lori said...

Here's my two cents--
I really like to try to move in a spirit of honor when talking (or writing) about other people. It doesn't always happen, but it's a goal of mine. Maybe if your compassion for your neighbors in the midst of their funk shines through your posts a bit more, it would feel less stark and more pollyanna. :0)