Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Shoe Drama

After blogging about my shoe purchase, the next morning, I put my new shoes on, expecting to enjoy them.

In the store, I knew I was pushing the limits of comfort. These shoes had a little more support than I was used to. But my mind was set on these, so I ignored my gut and told myself that once I broke them in, they would feel great.


The next morning they felt all wrong. I felt like I was standing on lumps, and one of the tongues kept rubbing on my ankle causing a raw spot. Argh.


I took them back.


Today, I went to another store. They had another pair of Keens that were similar, and felt much better on my feet. I bought them. I went home. I put them on. They still felt okay, but, ugh. They looked uglier than they did in the store. They would look awful with shorts. They were not the kind of shoes I have been wearing for the past four years. What have I been thinking?


I took them back.


This evening, I finally ordered online what I hope will be the end of this drama: a pair of North Face Mountain Sneakers. They are not at all what I had been trying to buy, but they are more... me. I think. I mean, they are $40 less than what I was trying to spend, they are comfy sneakers (instead of some half-dressy casual shoes), and they are green. That makes me happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best on your new purchase...Personally I would be hesitant to order shoes I couldn't try on first...
My favorite "brand" shoes are Earth Shoes from Wal-Mart and Thom McAn from K-Mart...comfy and I can almost buy two pair for $40...
To each his own...!