Friday, February 6, 2009

Warm Winter Days

Last Sunday was unseasonably warm. We took advantage of the nice weather to get some things done outside. Joe and Fin rode their bikes. Zivah watched the happenings, not entirely happily, from her stroller.


Since we have decided to expand the garden a bit, we measured and staked the perimeter, then I set about cutting the edge. Being a person of small stature, my body doesn't contribute much to the static application of force. In order to sink my shovel into the ground to any useful depth, I usually have to jump and stomp down, full force, with both feet on my shovel. After nearly a year of relative inactivity, it didn't take long to 'feel it'. I managed to edge two sides before calling it quits. I can still feel a little soreness in my abdominals four days later.


This weekend is supposed to be warm as well. I'm hoping to finish edging and get most of the sod out of the new area. The biggest problem, though, is that our wheelbarrow tire went flat and came off the bead. We tried all the tricks we knew to get it seated back on the bead and re-inflated, but to no avail. Anyone have any advice? It makes me crazy not to be able to fix something so minor on our own, and I'd hate to have to humble myself and take it somewhere to get it fixed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wheelbarrow tire:
if dusty or dirty rim, spray off with hose first
then...
place comealong or cinch strap around the tire's circumference and tighten up. then hit with the air compressor and it will magically seal to the rim.

you're welcome.
uncle m

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mark beat me to it! Fred had to do this to my little trailer tire once..he used a rope to tie around the circumference...Ma