Monday, March 12, 2007

Miscellaneous Ramblings

I ran out of the house without drinking any coffee this morning. We went to the grocery store, and Fin had to use the potty. I asked a kindly older woman to watch Joe so that he wouldn't crawl around on a nasty floor and stick his hands in the toilet. He cried. Loudly.

I found a pair of Titan's sock on the clearance rack for Finley. She loves them.

Pulled weeds the past two days. I can't get past the metaphors that caring for a garden bring to mind. It takes persistence and thoroughness to keep the 'weeds' out of our personal lives. And although the task seems overwhelming at times, the result is increased beauty and growth of the good.

I also found a rat's tail and foot in one flower bed. After finding a dead rabbit in another earlier in the week, I'm a bit overwhelmed at the carnage. I understand the weed metaphor, but what am I supposed to learn from dead animals?

What about live animals? I knew I heard something in our attic the past couple nights. Last night, the beast reared its head behind our trash can, and when confronted, ran right between Chris' feet. He yelled, 'It's trying to get me!' Laughable. Really, honey, do you think that mouse is out to get you? What is really confusing, though, is how the critter infiltrated the castle. The basement is sealed tight, and since we heard it in the attic first, can only assume that it made its way up through some crack in the chimney... Yuck. I need to dig out the snap traps.

Limbo. God likes to leave us in limbo at times. Okay. He likes to do it a lot. Sometimes you ask him a question you'd like an answer on to get an idea about what life might look like for the next stage of life, and he keeps quiet. Does he think he's funny?

Which brings up one more question: I didn't capitalize the God pronouns. Who came up with that rule, anyway? I'm not so sure he cares.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought about dead carnage....perhaps to illustrate our being dead in sin or a symbol of our world without the Lord's help..!?!
I HATE mice! I had a dream the other night...I had to try to grab a white mouse; it reminded me of "Princess", your old RAT. Seems odd that now you don't want MICE invading your house!?

Anonymous said...

Yes, but does He care?

tee hee.

j.k.