Thursday, March 29, 2007

An Overshare

This may be too much information for some of you, so I thought I'd better warn you at the outset in case you want to opt out of reading this one.

I hadn't had a real visit from 'Aunt Flo' in almost three and a half years, thanks to some natural child rearing benefits, and let me tell you, I didn't miss her. I had forgotten how much she could mess a woman up.
Never mind the inconvenience of having to be prepared for her visit (something I was never good at, since I never have carried a purse). I had forgotten the pain and achiness. Parts of me felt like I had just given birth. I've been as exhausted as I was in the first trimester of pregnancy, and am feeling dumb-headed and clumsy as well. And to think I'm going to have to deal with this on a monthly basis again...
It almost tempts me to think that another baby might be nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Aunt's name is Tina.
(just to set the record straight)

Al said...

another child seems like a dramatic solution... isn't there another option - 1/2 a bottle of midol or something?