Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Randoms

Recent Finley quotes:
"We need more presents, Mommy!" (she has said that a lot, lately)
"I'm going to eat a lollipop every day!" (after a store clerk gave her one)

They ought to change the marriage vow to read 'for better and for worse.' I always thought that meant circumstantially, but it is probably more personal than that. For example, as Chris' grammar has changed for the better, mine has changed for the worse. I have also adapted some of his humor. I don't know if that is better or worse, but I catch myself saying things like, 'You ought to go kick him in the shin' when finding out that Reanna's band teacher has an artificial leg.

Times are changing. It used to be that you would find a loved one's diary to go through after they had passed. What is going to happen now? Are my grand kids going to find an old CD Rom or hard drive (with no way to read it) or run across this blog on the Internet 60 years from now and say 'Wow, look what I found!'? I kind of doubt it.

Sigh.

No comments: