Monday, May 19, 2008

Attic Progress, Cont.

Chris laid the tile this weekend for the bathroom and vanity areas, and it looks nearly professional for a first-time job. Today, things were slow at work for Chris, so he was sent home. Although that isn't good for our bank account, I am choosing to see it as a blessing, as he is getting a lot more work done upstairs than he would otherwise. Today, he put up the baseboard in the bathroom, sealed the grout, and put the toilet back in. All we need is a shower curtain, (which I am determined to replace with a custom shower door at a later point) and the 'bathroom' is nearly finished, minus some touch-up paint.



I would show you the paint job in the main room, but we made a mistake and bought eggshell. Every imperfection glared out at us, so Chris touched up the mud in a few places, then went and bought some flat paint. I think we'll be much happier with the result. I'll post a photo after the re-paint. The main neutral color is called 'Tusk-Tusk,' which I guess is supposed to be reminiscent of ivory, though it's not so yellow. I also picked out a green that is suspiciously a lot like our kitchen color. I thought I was going to get something a bit darker than what it turned out to be on the walls. Though I really like the green, I'm feeling a little too green, and want to throw a muted purple into the mix. I'm just not sure where to put it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I help? I ALWAYS seem to know where to throw a bit of muted purple. (Smile) Leilani