Friday, October 24, 2008

The "Crisis"


Listening to Dave Ramsey yesterday, a listener wrote in saying that he had been stressed about the economy until he quit listening to the news. He then found that he became relaxed and at peace.


One of Ramsey's favorite lines goes something like: '100% of the homes that are foreclosed on had mortgages.' That got me thinking again about how nice it would be to not have a mortgage hanging over our heads. Now that I'm not pregnant, I almost convinced myself yesterday that I wouldn't mind living in a tent or a trailer for a year while we remodeled or built [as long as we had a killer piece of property].


Anyway, today, in celebration of the ability to choose what helps shape my mental state, I am going to keep the radio off, turn on the automatic playlist on my computer that plays all my favorite songs, and be happy.

No comments: