Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oh, The Fun Things We Do

One of the kids' new books is a story about some dragons that babysit some cats. They take the cats camping and toast marshmallows. So this is our little version of 'camping' until I get the guts to try the real thing someday:

Yesterday was rather rainy, and the kids wanted to play in the rain. I don't know how it is that Finley decided to wear her dragon costume in the rain, much less why she decided they ought to build a wall... But I was impressed. They even used mud for mortar in between the bricks:This is as far as they got before I forced them inside for a bath and lunch:

2 comments:

Shyla said...

I love it when my kids do cool stuff like that, I'm always impressed, even if it often creates a mess.

Just this morning, Haven slept in, which means that I got to sleep in. I woke up to my four middle kids dressed in full out rain gear, way, way down from our house in this huge pond area Glen is trying to create. All it is right now is a gigantic mud puddle. They had tons of fun, and thankfully, this time, we didn't lose any shoes. No dragon costume, though. Finley wins the award :o)

Al said...

First off, your long hair in photo number one, looks really nice... you look like 'you' to me :-)

Secondly, I am actually really taken with Joe's expression in photo number two, assessing his handy work and probably thinking about what is next. I am curious what he must think of watching Fin do all that in her dragon costume. He probably doesn't even notice :-)

Your kids are so cool.