Saturday, October 11, 2008

Jackpot


Today, I was allowed to leave the house with only my nursling in tow.


I desperately needed to go shopping for some pants that weren't athletic pants, that I felt like I looked nice in, and that were comfortable. That's a pretty tall order. And not knowing how long I am going to be the size and shape I am, I didn't want to spend much money.


So I went to Goodwill. It was so nice to have only a sleeping baby with me. I could take my time and not worry about my other two rambunctious little ones running down the aisles and hiding from me in the racks. The only negative was that they weren't there to help determine whether or not something I found might fit them.


I really liked the fact that this Goodwill store is organized by color and relative size. That made it easier to find something I might like.


As I was scanning through the tan women's pants, I came across a pair of prAna pants. I couldn't believe it. prAna is a line of yoga/climbing clothes that are very cool, and very pricey. One pair of pants usually sells for over $55. And they fit me.


I also found:

-a nearly satisfactory replacement for the charcoal grey cardigan sweater that my friend Al gave me years ago that, sadly, is suffering from unravelling sleeve ends

-a nice light-blue, long-sleeved shirt that I can already tell I will wear to death

-another pair of Eddie Bauer pants that I won't be embarrassed to wear someplace other than the grocery store

-and a bunch shirts and pants for the little ones

All of this for under $30.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a "chip off the old block" you are! I still wear almost every other Sunday a dark green skirt I bought at the Goodwill store off of Blondo in Omaha...I figure I've had it for over 20 years!
OX Ma

Lori said...

WOW! Way to go, Wendy! Can I take you with me the next time I'm looking for something specific? :0)

Ambra said...

I recently discovered the first Saturday of each month is 50% off day at Goodwill. EVERYTHING is 50% off!! Last time I got a mossimo hoodie w/ the tags still on, a scarf, a gap sweater hoodie for sophie, a really chill golden floral print framed art, and an antique yellow bowl for UNDER 7 BUCKS! Ya just can't beat Goodwill. :-) And great job on your finds!!