Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fantasy Football Frustration

It is unfortunate that I am so competitive. I makes me care about things more than I'd like to admit.

After a first week win, I have experienced a series of dismal failures. And I am about to blame it, in part, on 'Turf-Toe Tomlinson.'

We all know (at least those of us in Tennessee) what happened to Eddie George of the Titans once he received the infamous turf-toe injury: His career went down the tubes. And after consulting WebMD and finding that turf-toe usually needs a good three weeks to heal...

With the combination of LT's spotty record, and the conspiracy between my two quarterbacks, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers, it seems I am destined for failure this year. And conspiracy, it must be, because no matter who I decide to put in for the week, my benched players inevitably out-perform those I put in.

On top of it all, our league's commissioner is rubbing salt in the wound by sending me a plaque via e-mail, declaring me a last-place loser. Ah, well...

No comments: